CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hold Me!

Apparently there's an iPhone application to translate baby cries. We deemed it "not worth it," when we saw it's $30. It claims it can distinguish between I'm hungry / My diaper is full / I want attention / I've had too much stimulation / I want a pacifier.

The other day I was reading a book that said by 1 month you might be able to distinguish your baby's cries. Personally I find this hard to believe. I've been listening to Leah and the only way I seem to know what the cry means is by knowing when she be hungry or need a diaper change. Thing is, she's got my metabolism so if I guess one of those choices I'm rarely wrong.

After feeding and changing her it's a little more difficult to tell what she wants but this motion seems to be pretty obvious:

"I'm so cute! ...

Hold me (not the camera)...

or I'll start to cry (faster than you can take another picture)!!"

Believe it or not, she does cry. Luckily we have found a you tube video which she loves to listen too. Sometimes she even cries when being held. At that point we begin to sing:



We have deemed the iPhone application overpriced. How are we supposed to know if she's in the mood to listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers or The Sound of Music?

1 comments:

plain-jane said...

One of my first friends to have kids said the same thing. You can distinguish the cries apart (maybe from tones or pitch)? I'm sure you'll figure it out in no time.