CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 1, 2009

Sleeping Mich


I want to sleep on my back,

Spread out long, not in a stack.


On the back weighs to much says the Doc.

Personally I think that's a bit of a crock.


Is Baby G happy if I lay as I please?

If not will she kick hard with unease?


The fear of a mother is quite hard to bare

When you worry your wishes are being unfair.


A sleepless night I had to endure

How I got to my back is no more than a blur.


I woke in the morning stretched long as a board

Anxiety peaked and my heart rate sored


I can not correct the choice of the past

I hope the feeling of guilt will not last.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm with you on the back-sleeping thing, Michelle! I ALWAYS sleep on my back and that was one of the hardest things when I was pregnant. Who sleeps on their side anyhow?!? Love the poem by the way!