CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, June 19, 2009

I've got a kicker!

Baby G appears to be a bit of a spazball. I guess I can't say I'm too surprised, my mother tells me I used to wake her up in the middle of the night kicking. Of course, waking up in the middle of the night isn't quite as frustrating as not being able to fall asleep in the first place. There were a few nights this week when Baby G didn't seem to calm down until 2 or 3 am.

My biggest concern is what this might imply for the future. Will she be a late night type person or will she continue to take after me and have trouble falling asleep at night? When I was in elementary school I recall having horrible leg pain at night. My mom used to tell me it was growing pains but I still don't know if I can believe that, how could so much growing pains result in such a short person?

I keep hearing people talk about different ways they get their kids to kick, cold water, loud music, etc. It seems the easiest way to get Baby G to kick is sitting still. She seems perfectly content when I'm moving around but once I sit down, wack!

There was an unexpected attack at the pool yesterday. At the end of long course practice we did a fast 100. As I approached the wall, getting ready for my turtle turn, I felt a kick. To be honest, it felt like the leg was going straight through my belly at that point. I haven't decided if she was telling me to hurry up, telling me I was going to hard, or had figured out the gliding into the wall happens just before the turn. It's obviously one of these choices, not a mere coincidence, because all mothers know their unborn child has superior intelligence already. After all, I did say she takes after me ;)

0 comments: