CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, June 5, 2009

National Donut Day


I thought this might be a good time to list out my key learning from decades of Simpson's teaching...

1) Lasik will make you blind in 20 yrs
2) Blond girls are very intelligent and creative
3) Babies with pacifiers will never learn to walk or talk
4) Donuts make you fat and bald

Apparently today is national donut day. I find this mildly disturbing although I seem to be the only one.

I did a little searching and discovered there are numerous national food holidays. My birthday (12/15) is national lemon cupcake day. It appears I was born a day early because 12/16 is national chocolate covered anything day.

Not sure about the true accuracy of this listing. It labels Nov 5th as national donut day instead of June 5th.

I did spot a national strawberry day and a national watermelon day but overall most of these holidays appear to be celebrating deserts and other baked foods. Could this have anything to do with the obesity issues in the US?

1 comments:

trish said...

Apparently my birthday is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. I guess its good to know I shouldn't bother making a birthday cake this year!